Citizens Coalition for Better GovernmentCCBG is nationwide citizen's participation and monitoring working for anti-corruption, administrative reform.
Korean Government, which leaded economic development and industrialization in the past, needs to respond 21st century's new challenges such as globalization, localization, citizen-orientated governance, and information society. In this regards, Korean government should be totally transformed. Citizen participation and monitoring are essential element for successful transformation of government.
In this context, a non-government organization, Citizen's Coalition for Better Government(CCBG), was established in 1997 to push government reform in right direction. CCBG's 300 active members are ordinary citizens, citizen activists, academian, business people, and professionals of various fields. Civil watch and policy criticism bear practical fruits through the suggestion of alternatives.
- Evaluation and Monitoring of Government Policy, Suggestion of Feasible Alternatives : Substantial policy fields monitored are anti-corruption policy, education policy, local government, and science and technology policy.
- Restoration of Citizens Right : Works to recover citizen's rights that might have been repressed by government officials.
- Co-Representatives: Rev. Youngsub Kim, Ilsub Kim, Hyunpal Shin and Munsuk An
- Secretary-General: Mr. Youngbok Suh
- Address: 2Floor, 173, Gahoe-Dong, Jongno-Gu, Seoul, 110-260, Korea
- Telephone: +82-2-743-6750
- Fax: +82-2-6919-1750
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ccbg.or.kr